Sunday, December 18, 2016

בס"ד

XXL Flying Fox


   Dreamed about flying like a bird, haven't you ? Come on, everybody has.
 Even if the feeling of freedom lasts only a minute , it is worth travelling to Europe for it. You can fly at the height of 140 meters at up to a speed of 130 km/h. I would like to introduce to you a XXL Flying Fox.   
                                                                       
Where?
In the Austrian Alps.
When?
From May to October.
You can cross the valley via 1.6 km-long steel zip lines. After you get special equipment, the operator of the place ties your body to the rope that is outstretched at 140 meters high.  At the beginning your hands should be close to your body, but during the flight you can "straighten your wings" and close your legs instead.
                                    
 The beautiful green valley spreads underneath you and the sunny blue sky is above.     Majestic mountains are around and you feel that gravity no longer holds you down.     There are no barriers between you and nature. You can feel, although only for a          minute, the power of the nature.      
                                                                      
 We became part of the illusion of flying this summer during our Austrian family           vacation. My fourteen year old daughter did not sleep the whole night before the flight. She was both very scared and very excited. So was I. That morning we all prayed with special attention and the prayer was especially meaningful. Up to the last moment I    didn't believe she would do it ...  
                                                                           
That was the highlight of our holiday. But if you decide to do it I suggest you do it towards  the end of your trip so that if things go wrong, you will claim on your medical insurance at the end of your holiday....                                                                    

  
null


11 comments:

  1. Dear Alina .
    I did a skydiving when I had been in the army, on my birthday. It was both very exciting and scary, and that's the reason I sympathize with your daughter's feelings. It is very fun and recommended to everybody. I agree with you that it feels like flying in the air, the same as a bird. It is an amazing adventure, but I think it is more adventurous doing it abroad. I wish to fly to Australia and do it there. Thank you.
    Noa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alina,
    that sounds amazing. I love that kind of attractions, and this one is definitely goes on my list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alina,
    It looks like a great activity to with the kids. My son is 5 years old, and he always tells me that he wants to fly like the birds... but I assume he's too young for it... from what age you can do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like an amazing experience but too scary...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the view is unbelievable... I'd be scared out of my mind though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alina that sounds amazing! I wish I was there! Did you do it as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your description makes me want to try it my self! I bet the view is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine you up there. You definitely convinced me that it is something worth thinking of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love such experiences, this one sounds so exhilarating.

    ReplyDelete