Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Latin Capital of Israel


Jerusalem- the one and only, the holy sin city, they say ten medidas of beauty fell over the earth and that Jerusalem have 9 of them.  In the last seven years Jerusalem has been is going through something that proves it- Jerusalem is becoming the Latin dance capital of Israel! How is that?


In recent years a new Latin dance called Bachata has been taking over Israel. In Jerusalem there are two dance studios teaching Bachata to all who wish to learn it. Bachata has stoke deep roots in the dancing community in Jerusalem and this year a female dancer from Jerusalem called Tali Zangilbaf is going  to represent Israel in the Bachata world cup.

(Tali and Ofir preforming at Studio B, Tel Aviv)


Bachata is a dance from the Dominican Republic and has evolved gradually throughout the years. Nowadays there are more than six different styles of Bachata and the main one that is taking over Israel is called Bachata Sensual, developed in 1998 by Korke Escalona and Judith Cordero in Spain.

As of today there are more than 16 dance studios teaching Bachata all over Israel. In the past year I myself have been a part of a teaching crew and a DJ of Latin dances generally and of Bachata specifically. Jerusalem is one of the best cities to dance Bachata in Israel alongside Tel Aviv and Rechovot.


To sum up, Bachata has taken over Israel. Jerusalem is regarded has the Latin capital of Israel and has a place of honor in the international community. I recommend for anyone who crave a new passion to come over and try to do the one ,two, three, tap.


18 comments:

  1. WOW! I've seen this kind of dancing in movies and it looks amazing, sensual and sexy... Nicely written

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a really interesting post. I had no idea that Bachata even existed. Wonderful dance style, really wonderful.

      Delete
    2. Yeah bachata is very wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to read about something like that. I used to feel that art is not appreciated enough in Israel. I'm very happy to be proven that I might be wrong. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elad!! It is very nice to read about this kind of dance. I used to dance Zumba and Salsa before, but this dance sounds very fun and interesting !!! It can be very cool to try it! Thank you for sharing it with us. I haven't heard about Bachata before, and I like to learn new facts about new interesting subjects.
    Noa 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shalom Elad
    Interesting.haven't heard Bachta before.
    always nice to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shalom Elad
    Interesting.haven't heard Bachta before.
    always nice to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hypnotized by the way her hips are moving, it's like she's made of water. I love it! Great energy, really good workout. Now where do I find a partner that won't drop me to the ground ;) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN TEACH YOU THE BASIC AND THEN ITS EVERY MAN FOR HIS OWN

      Delete
  8. It looks very cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of Bachata before. I love dancing in general, it would be interesting learning something new :)

    ReplyDelete