Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Left a Mark

At the tender age of 4, he started to play the violin. When he was 16 years old, he decided to move to Azerbaijan, all alone, in order to learn to play the Kamanche, and recently he received the Ophir Award for his music. Mark Eliyahu - composer, musical producer and arranger, leaves a mark with his music.



The first time I was exposed to Mark Eliyahu's music was when I watched the movie "The Ballad of the Weeping Spring". Eliyahu has composed "Sands", the soundtrack of this movie. I remember the moment I heard the song “Journey" for the first time. It felt like something magical. This song doesn't have any lyrics in it, but while listening to it, I felt like I know exactly how the composer, Mark, feels and what he wants to say.


About a month ago, Mark Eliyahu released a new album called "Roads". The spirit of this album is a bit different from its previous one, "Sands". I would say "Sands" contains traditional music, while "Roads" contains more electronic music. I personally relate more to Mark's previous album, "Sands", But I still think "Roads" is definitely worth listening to.


 At the last time I went to one of  Mark's concerts, I cried a river. I felt like his music touched my innermost feelings. I highly recommend you to check him out live. His next concert is on April 12th at Inbal theater, Tel Aviv. But before you run to buy a ticket, listen to the genre of this music first, because you may not like it (although I doubt it!).

7 comments:

  1. Nicely written! And it's always amuses me that he has the same name like my dad! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very nice to know him!!!
    And your writing is very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Arbel, I appreciated the fact you recommended something you truly love. It's not every day that one finds a musician that truly influences her. I'll give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arbel,
    Mark Elyahu sounds a fabulous and a very talented musician!! His music sounds very oriental, and I like it. It is very tranquil.
    I like hearing about another music which I haven't heard before.
    🙏🏻 Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm listening to one of the 'songs' now, and it's beautiful. so many sound and tunes. wow! Thanks for your wonderful review! I'll definitely going to listen to his music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand your preference for "Sands".Good choice!

    ReplyDelete