Thursday, March 30, 2017

The joy of goosebumps

I LOVE scary movies. They make me shiver and tremble, but they also make me excited and when I watch them I always find myself waiting with anticipation to their endings. I’m also interested in the film actors’ lives, the process of making the films, and in the critical response they have generated. You will read all about it in this post.

"Orphan", is a movie which was released in 2009.  This movie tells the story of a married plus children couple, who can't have another baby, and therefore adopt a nine year old orphan girl. At first, everything seems fine, but it appears that the child has a mysterious talent of drawing strange and severe accidents to wherever she goes. "Orphan" features the young actress Isabelle Fuhrman, who started acting when she was seven, in the leading part. The producer of the movie is none other than Leonardo DiCaprio, alongside Jennifer Davisson Killoran. The movie scored a mark of 3.5 out of 4 in The Chicago Sun – Times, as the reviewer stated that "if you want a good horror film about a child from hell, you got one."


The second horror movie I watched was called "Finders Keepers". It tells a story about a seven years old girl who finds a creepy doll in her and her mom's new house. The girl becomes attached to the doll, not knowing it gradually takes control over her, making her violent and evil. The movie was produced by the American Syfy Channel, and featured Jaime Pressly and young Kylie Rogers in the leading roles. Jaime Pressly is also a model who made her first cover debut at age 14, in Teen Magazine.
Kylie Rogers is a young rising star in Hollywood, who at the early age of 12 has already acted in over 20 TV and film productions.


The third and fourth horror movies I watched are famous: Scream 1 and Scream 2. For those of you who don't know these movies, I will tell that the plot revolves high school student (a college student in Scream 2) who her mother was murdered, and after a year, the killer strikes again, this time, killing many of her friends. Neve Kampbell stars in these movies, and co-starring are many famous actors and actresses, such as Drew Barrimore, Courtney Cox Arket and Sarah Michel Geller. The films won several prizes, such as Saturn and MTV Movie Awards. The popularity the films gained made its producers release a couple of more Scream movies, which continue telling the main character Sidney Prescott’s life story, and later, in scream 4, the story of her cousin.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorite scary movies!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Shiri,
    well, I HATE horror movies. I look good mystery movies, or phsycological thrillers, but really hate horror.
    It was interesting to read your point of view about things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *like mystery movies... not "look", of course...

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of horror, but I have seen "Orphan" and liked it. I would see it again! And I like Vera Farmiga (the mother), who is a very underrated actress. The film continues the tradition of classic movies with creepy kids - or "children from hell" as you call them :) - such as 'The Omen', 'Carrie' etc.


    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I know lots of People who love scary movies. I personally don't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shiri
    This movie sounds " lovely". dont think I will ever want to see it..but am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The movie sounds so scary!! It is very nice to know that you are a fan of scary movies, but I have to say I have nightmares from this kind of movies!!
    It's nice you enjoyed them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw it too, but I didn't like it. You should try "Carrie", I think you're going to like it.

    ReplyDelete